Sewall’s geospatial professionals work for natural gas companies throughout the U.S. providing a broad range of consulting services such as asset management, field data collection, remote sensing, and addressing federal regulations such as determining class locations and high consequence areas.
For over a half-century, Sewall has provided an extensive array of asset management services.
- Assess and inventory existing digital and non-digital data
- Migrate hardcopy records (maps, plans, drawings, etc.) to digital media
- Design and implement optimal database schemas
- Provide platforms for managing and collecting data in several environments, including desktop, web-based, and offline fieldwork
- Expand existing data by incorporating new data sources, new methodologies, and/or by connecting to related resources
Field Data Collection
Sewall’s Mobile Verify™ platform supports field data collection and verification efforts. Configured to conduct offline field surveys of natural gas transmission pipeline corridors, Mobile Verify™ is used to collect asset information in the field. Collected data and fieldwork progress is available from Sewall’s Mobile Verify Dashboard™.
- Flexible integration with data architecture
- Offline data collection capabilities
- Web-enabled synchronization of data
- Expandable, multi-user environment
- Configurable data validation rules
- Intelligent, streamlined data forms
For over 70 years, Sewall has provided clients with high-quality aerial imagery and photogrammetric mapping. Sewall’s services include:
- Remote Sensing Acquisition – Capture of aerial imagery and LiDAR throughout the US and Canadian Maritimes
- Photogrammetric Mapping – Automated and manual collection of accurate planimetric and topographic/contour data
- Remote Sensing Products & Services – Digital orthoimagery, digital terrain models, digital elevation models, digital surface models, change detection
- Parametric Modeling – Use of terrestrial LiDAR and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) for the capture of as-built data as inputs for asset management systems and plant-specific Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Class Location and High Consequence Areas (HCA)
Using its own innovative and time-tested solutions, Sewall’s geospatial professionals have decades of consulting experience in assisting gas operators in achieving pipeline integrity compliance when it comes to class location and HCA. Sewall’s ClassLocator™ and HCACalculator™ are designed based upon US Department of Transportation Pipeline Safety Regulations Part 192.5 and Part 192 Subpart O, respectively.